Effective Car Wash Menu Board Signage: It matters!
You’ve financed, planned & built your car wash. But how much energy have you dedicated to your car wash signage, in particular your car wash menu board signage. The menu board at your car wash is critical to get right. Think of it as a 24 hour sales person. The menu needs to quickly & simply convey both the value & price of your offer to your customers.
Your car wash menu board signage firstly should:
- Be appealing
- Be clear & simple
- Align with your brand
- Communicate the value & difference between the different wash packages
- Include any usage terms & conditions
But that’s not all- there’s some little details that will make all the difference & we encourage you to speak to your designer to incorporate the following points into your artwork:
- Aim to only have 3 wash packages, or less – research shows more than 3 creates customer confusion over the options
- Your top wash (the most expensive) should always be first on display – top or top left, the same way we read. The text should be larger than the other options on your board.
- The top wash package should also be highlighted in a contrasting colour to draw the eyes attention to it & increase conversions of this wash package.
- As a rule, if people are in a rush or feeling pressured to make a decision they will opt for the most noticeable.
- If you have a wash club or loyalty programme, advertise it somewhere on the board showing the potential savings for regular washers.
- Avoid any pointless information – your customer is concerned about what they are getting & what it will cost them, nothing more.
- No clutter. Avoid excess images & colours.
Below is an example of an effective car wash menu board signage that we recommend for our Carwash World customers that follow the tips above:
We cannot stress enough, owning a car wash is owning a retail store. You need to make this process as simple to understand as possible while explaining the service & the value the customer can expect to receive for their money spent. Simplify the process! We always suggest no more than 3 wash packages & don’t go overboard on pointless details that your average Joe customer won’t understand. If you’re not sure how your car wash stacks up as far as ease of use & offer goes, invite 10 acquaintances who don’t use your wash to try it out. Ask them to fill out a 10 question survey & give feedback on how they found everything. Chances are, there are things you thought were pretty straight forward that are confusing for your customers.
‘Discovery exists not in seeking new lands but in seeing with fresh eyes.’
We have pdf versions of these suggested menu board templates for Carwash World customers.
Send us an email email@example.com