Car Wash Chemistry
Titration Testing: Blendco Rhino Brite Plus
When washing cars with a touchless automatic car wash, testing the strength & concentration of your chemicals is critical for ensuring a consistent, quality clean. Touch free automatic car washes don’t utilise the added friction from brushes to remove contaminants, so your soaps must be performing at optimal levels for a clean & shiny finish. The other consideration is that you don’t want to be using too much chemical which is both un-economical to your business & can potentially cause damage to vehicles.
How often should you titrate?
Optimally, we say weekly. Do you want to risk 3 weeks out of every month running at the wrong levels & upset customers?
Titration test kits can be purchased from Prowash here.
Rhino Brite Plus Test Procedure
(First presoak pass)
- Collect soap sample from auto wash and leave for 10mins for foam to settle
- Pour sample into glass test tube until completely full
(liquid only no foam)
- Pour glass test tube into plastic test bottle
- Add 4 drops of blue indicator to the test bottle
(sample will turn yellow)
- Fill the yellow marked dropper to the top line with 1X Titration Alkali (yellow label)
- Slowly add the titration alkali from the dropper to the test bottle, swirl bottle to mix,
STOP adding when colour changes from yellow to blue.
- Count down from the top line starting at 0 to the new liquid level in the dropper.
Each mark is 10 drops, you can estimate drops if in between marks.
- Target titration for Rhino Brite Plus is between 25-35drops.